Vision: To see a Middle East and North Africa where people enjoy universally recognized rights, freedoms and liberties, irrespective of their ethnicity, gender, religious or political beliefs; and are empowered with the knowledge and skills to maximize their human potential.
Mission: To creatively and strategically use the visual media to inform, educate and empower individuals in the Middle East and North Africa with the knowledge and skills to enhance the quality of life for themselves, their families and their societies.
Purposes and Policies:
SAT-7 Education & Development seeks to assist all people of the Middle East and North Africa, including the poor, vulnerable, illiterate, women and children, internally displaced, refugees, and the marginalized, irrespective of religion, race, ethnicity or nationality.
SAT-7 Education & Development is motivated by Christian beliefs, moral and social teachings, and is committed:
- to uphold the sacredness, dignity, and right to life of all human beings,
- to advance respect for individual liberty of conscience, worship, expression, and mobility,
- to promote the rights of all citizens to be treated equally under the law, especially women, children, the disabled, and ethnic or religious minorities
- to advance health, safety, socio-economic and psychological well-being,
- to foster charity and justice,
- to promote human development by providing media-based complimentary educational programming and activities, and
- to nurture peaceful, inclusive and democratic societies.
SAT-7 Education & Development is non-partisan and non-political, does not act as an agent for any government’s foreign policy, is culturally sensitive, and is committed to advancing internationally recognized human rights for all people.
SAT-7 Education & Development Non-Proselytizing Provisions:
- SAT-7 Education & Development works with local, national, and international institutions and organizations, to assist people on the basis of need, not on the basis of creed or religion or absence thereof, gender, race, ethnicity, or nationality.
- SAT-7 Education & Development never proselytizes or requires a profession of faith as a condition or in exchange for its assistance, activities, programs, or services.
Approved by the SAT-7 Education & Development Board of Directors,
November 10, 2016.